40 Hours of Television

The class is over, but the discussion continues. Does the media shape reality, or does reality shape the media? Art can imitate life...and life can imitate art. "40 Hours of TV" will explore the media and its impact on us all.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Little Self Promotion and Martha/The Donald

First up, a shameless plug for the other media site I write for, Blogcritics. A review I wrote for Depeche Mode's album Black Celebration is an editor's choice selection. Thank you, Matt Freelove. They even gave me this nifty award button thingy:



So, that's cool.

Have you been keeping up with The Apprentice: Martha Stewart and The Donald? Are you disappointed? I am. I think they're phoning it in. There's just something missing...could be it's too soon to judge. If you've been watching either show, what do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Wisner said...

It is all of the sudden very Cookie Cutter. It used to be on the edge a little. They need to do something to make it more interesting. Last year it was the street vs. book thing that I tuned in for. I don't know how many more approaches they can take.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anna said...

I've kept up with both Martha and the Donald, and I'm a little disappointed in both of them. Martha, especially. I think Donald's show is still decent even though it's a step down from previous seasons, but Martha's is just bad. She's not mean in the boardroom, and her two buddies (daughter and cigar-smoking guy) are boring too. And what's up with her writing a letter after she fires them?

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

I really like Martha's Apprentice. The best part is actually when she invites the "fired" contestant on her daytime show the next day, and totally disses them for being lazy and incompetent.

Awkward (but funny) pics from Dawn's appearance are here.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home