40 Hours of Television

The class is over, but the discussion continues. Does the media shape reality, or does reality shape the media? Art can imitate life...and life can imitate art. "40 Hours of TV" will explore the media and its impact on us all.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

So Long, Little Buddy

Actor Bob Denver -- television's Gilligan from Gilligan's Island (not the horrible reality show) -- has died at the age of 70 of complications from cancer treatment he was receiving.

Gilligan's Island is one of those classic shows that I think everyone has seen at least once. Somewhere around the world someone is tuning in to an episode of creator Sherwood Schwartz's supposed "social" commentary/sitcom. I'm not sure what the social commentary was (something to do with coconut pies?) but perhaps the show was deeper than I'm giving it credit. I'm hoping my enlightened readers will let me know about the deeper social meaning of Gilligan's Island, because I'm not seeing it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting. I will come back again really soon!
I have a credit site/blog. It pretty much covers credit related stuff.
Keep up the good work and check out my blog sometime.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Tinker said...

i was sad to hear that gilligan was gone. i loved that show as a child!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

interesting blog!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home