40 Hours of Television

The class is over, but the discussion continues. Does the media shape reality, or does reality shape the media? Art can imitate life...and life can imitate art. "40 Hours of TV" will explore the media and its impact on us all.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Your opinion: Cable or Satellite?

My wife and I have decided that it is time to get cable. I have been pushing for this for a long time; however my better half has been reluctant. Due to the fact that the daily dose of Shrek, Shark Tales, The Wiggles, and Baby Einstein are getting very old. Compounded by the angst my wife has been experiencing over our lack of CourtTV, The Discovery Channel and TLC. I might finally win the debate.

I am currently in the process of comparing prices and services between Cox Cable and Dish Network Satellite. I would like to hear opinions on which would be better, and some advice on which channels I should make sure we get.

Thanks for the help!

2 Comments:

Blogger Liar said...

Cable's better for the 2-way stuff (on demand, pay-per-view, etc.), but service varies.

If you've got Time Warner in your area, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up with them. I used them for 2 years and had a phenomenal experience.

I recently moved; I've had Comcast for all of 30 hours, and I've spent most of that time dealing with their incompetence, much of it on hold. I drained my cell battery twice on hold. Ugh.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tachizuno said...

Personally, Dish Network sucks compared to Direct TV, but it's cheaper. Well, basically all the same channels, but it feels like something's missing. I had directv and my parents had dish network. The setup on dish network is just dumb. The way the channels are organized I mean.

I have digital cable, and I'm happy with that. I get all I want with it.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home