40 Hours of Television

The class is over, but the discussion continues. Does the media shape reality, or does reality shape the media? Art can imitate life...and life can imitate art. "40 Hours of TV" will explore the media and its impact on us all.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Your First R-Rated Movie

It's your 17th birthday, and you go out to celebrate by seeing your first (legal) R-rated film. So...which was it? For me, it was that Arnold Schwarzenegger classic, Commando, in 1985.

Tell us about what film you saw in the comments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Koren said...

I don't know what my first R-Rated movie was it was only ten years ago but I can't remember...hmmmm

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tachizuno said...

I conned my Dad into taking me to see Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D when I was like 13. I was pretty scared!

For my 17th, I looked at movies that came out then and I don't think I went to many during that time period.

10:50 PM  
Blogger seramarlowe said...

My best friend and I somehow got into Point Break when we weren't even 17 yet. We felt sooo rebellious. It was funny. Too bad the movie was craptastic.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Barfly said...

The first R-rated movie I saw legally was Last Tango In Paris.

It was my first real date with the woman who would be my wife for 29 years.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home