40 Hours of Television

The class is over, but the discussion continues. Does the media shape reality, or does reality shape the media? Art can imitate life...and life can imitate art. "40 Hours of TV" will explore the media and its impact on us all.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bow Down Before My Brilliance!

Remember when I posted on July 29th the following about NBC's The Law Firm:

I'm predicting this show will be cancelled within the next four weeks.

And I was right! NBC has cancelled The Law Firm after airing only two episodes. The unaired episodes will be broadcast on the Bravo network.

It just goes to show that while a few lawyers on a reality show is (barely) acceptable, an entire show featuring lawyers is akin to torture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I just don't understand why they cancel a series two eps in. I bought the DVD series of Miracles, with Skeet Ulrich, whilst I was in New York last week and from the looks of it, "four never-before-seen-in-the UD episodes", it must have got canned. I like your blog, by the way.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Scott C. Smith said...

Apparently "The Law Firm" was getting really bad ratings, and since "The Apprentice" had done so well in that time slot, expectations were high. I thought it was a pretty bad show. I'm not sure that "The Apprentice" with Martha Stewart will be any better.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home